The short and surprising answer given by a Google employee is- no. So why is it commonly believed that website owners and content creators should be pushing out daily content? And if daily posting to your website doesn’t increase traffic, what can website owners do to help build traffic? Let’s dive further into these questions about understand better how Google ranks web pages in their search results.
The Myth Of Daily Posting To Gain Traffic
More Pages Means More “Crawling” For Google
How To Help Google Index Your Webpages
When examining why Google may not be crawling certain websites and content, it becomes clear that Google may not be indexing websites that are poor in quality. Having meaningful content that engages your audience is critically important when building trust and authority.
For those offering quality information to their viewers, it can still be challenging to have Google index their pages.
Google web analyst John Mueller has shared some tips to help get your website pages indexed by Google:
- Ensure that your web pages can be crawled and that no technical problems on the backend keep your website from performing better.
- Use a site crawler, such as Screaming Frog, to see how easily your web pages can be crawled. This service will also show you any 500 errors that are encountered- which would prohibit the ability for crawlers to do their job.
- Use Google Search Console to check for 500 errors. If you have not yet setup Google Search Console here you can read everything about how to install GSC. A 500 error means the page was unsuccessfully able to be accessed. If this error occurs, there is no way for it to be indexed.
- Use internal linking on your website so Google can learn what content is most essential and relevant to readers.
- Ensure that the quality of content is your primary focus, rather than quantity. Even there is a correlation between longer posts are ranking higher on Google than shorter ones, do not blow up your article just for word count.
How New Content Can Help Boost Traffic And Engagement
Some steps to gain more traffic to your Website
1. Create an editorial calendar
2. Find new topics to explore
3. Create great SEO-friendly content
4. Share your posts on social media
Markus Schad | Senior SEO Strategist
Markus Schad is Senior SEO Consultant with over 8 years experience in getting more traffic and visitors for his customers. He is the founder of Commander-SEO.com.
Our other Blog posts
6 Top Places to Hire WordPress Developers
Sometimes you need the help of a WordPress Professional. As WordPress is so widely used, there is no shortage of
Top 10 Mistakes Small Business Owners Make When Using SEO
Know Which Common SEO Mistakes to Avoid to Grow Your Local Business In spite of the importance of search engine
FREE AI Chatbot For WordPress using ChatGPT
How to install a ChatGPT AI Chatbot for WordPress Have you ever wished you could create a chatbot for your